Galactica Actual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Eve...

2 posters

Go down

So, Eve... Empty So, Eve...

Post by Indy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

How long have you been doing fan videos? I mean, I can see how long you've had a YouTube account, so I assume at least that long. I'm curious, because you do such a good job of tying it all together, finding the right clips for the right lines in the song, and adding perfect little segues to bridge things together (like the clip of Starbuck doing a little dance in her seat).

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you do a phenomenal job with them, and I can't wait to see which one you put in for next year's contest. Hopefully, they won't merge categories this time. And also, hopefully there won't be such a snarky asshat hosting it.
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

So, Eve... Empty Re: So, Eve...

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:21 am

Indy wrote:How long have you been doing fan videos? I mean, I can see how long you've had a YouTube account, so I assume at least that long. I'm curious, because you do such a good job of tying it all together, finding the right clips for the right lines in the song, and adding perfect little segues to bridge things together (like the clip of Starbuck doing a little dance in her seat).

Haha, I think I told you guys the story of my first video-editing attempt where alternated clips between the Duel of Fates and the PotC fight scene between Jack and Will, only I swapped the audio for each clip so when you see swords you hear Lightsabers and vice versa. I wish I still had a good copy of that.

So that's pretty much when it started. I took a video editing class in High School basically because it was offered and sounded cool. They taught us the basics and we'd have projects that involved both filming stuff and editing it and editing stuff like music videos (copywrite issues were kindly ignored). My first big video project was a LotR mashup, the first part being Limp Biskit's version of "Behind Blue Eyes" (focusing on the Aaragon love story/tragic hero story) and the second half being Shinedown's "Fly From The Inside" which was him basically coming back all bad ass. I also wish I still had a copy of this but I think that was 3 dead computers ago.

After that it was just video editing for fun. It's a tedious process but I've always enjoyed it when you tinker enough to get the right footage with the right line, and the timing and pace in general.

I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you do a phenomenal job with them, and I can't wait to see which one you put in for next year's contest. Hopefully, they won't merge categories this time. And also, hopefully there won't be such a snarky asshat hosting it.

You're too kind! There are lots of great videos out there. I have the skillz when it comes to timing and whatnot but I still need to work on the quality of video, things like transitions, effects, etc.

And I think that snarky asshat is there to stay, sadly. Sad I wish they'd just break Live Action out entirely into it's own group. Maybe another petition to start...?
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:18 pm

That Pirates/Star Wars mashup still sounds awesome. Probably better than the prequel trilogy, too.

And I think that snarky asshat is there to stay, sadly. Sad I wish they'd just break Live Action out entirely into it's own group. Maybe another petition to start...?

Bollocks. Oh, well. Sounds like we have many pots to stir!

I have the skillz when it comes to timing and whatnot but I still need to work on the quality of video, things like transitions, effects, etc.

Good artists and creative minds always find room to improve on something they're doing. If you think that's something to work on, go for it. It can only make things better than they already are, right?
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:58 pm

So true. It's funny because I'm usually just happy to be working on a computer that has real-time playback of my un-rendered project. When I was making those videos back in 07, according to YouTube, my computer was such a dinosaur, I had to render every 30 seconds of footage to see what it looked like - or, more often, guess when it came to timing.

In case you were wondering, rendering is a little like watching paint dry, only less interesting. Smile

I have a feeling y'all are going to challenge my video making skills in a good way. Very Happy
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum