Galactica Actual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That advertisement banner is getting tricky...

4 posters

Go down

That advertisement banner is getting tricky... Empty That advertisement banner is getting tricky...

Post by Indy Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:49 pm

First, it said I had "One unread message". I called BS on that.

Then, it said I had "Two new friend requests". I double-checked, then called BS again.

THEN, it says that the plugin running the banner has crashed, and to "click here". ALMOST.

Finally, it's showing me the image of Generic Basketball Player with a red button and meter next to him. I'm assuming I push the button, the meter fills up, and GBP takes a shot at the hoop in the background. Tempting, but I'm not Larry Bird.

Silly banner, coming up with creative ways to trick me into clicking you.

On a completely unrelated note, what's everyone's recommendation for the best spyware/trojan removal software? Basketball
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

That advertisement banner is getting tricky... Empty Re: That advertisement banner is getting tricky...

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am

Oh. Silly me!

I don't see ads. And neither should you!

Firefox + Ad Block Plus - adblockplus . org / en /

You will not regret this decision.

(spaces in URL because evidently my own message board won't let me post links for 7 days after registration...)
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

That advertisement banner is getting tricky... Empty Re: That advertisement banner is getting tricky...

Post by Indy Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Got it! Ironic Moment of the Day: When attempting to download AdBlock Plus, Firefox prevented the pop-up from opening.

Also, there's not even a HINT of where that banner was. What sort of sorcery is this?!
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 pm

You know, I was wondering why there was an awkward gap between the Galactica Actual banner and the forum, and now I know!
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Also, you're only a few comments away from being promoted from a Nugget...! Wink
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm

KaraFrakkingThrace wrote:Also, you're only a few comments away from being promoted from a Nugget...! Wink

Whoohoo! Spam time!

Now I kinda want to play that basketball game...ARGH!
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Haha yay for adblockplus....I don't see them either! But the basketball game sounds fun!
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:24 pm

This seems like a perfect time for inappropriately timed hotdog:

That advertisement banner is getting tricky... SE84N
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I bet Eve's getting a kick out of your pictures...
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Whoop. I mean...I bet the admin's getting a kick out of your pictures.
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Irony; evidently "admin" under my handle is in name only because not even I can see what he's posting....! I'm going to fiddle with the setting some more...
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 pm

The pictures aren't showing up?

Pewp.
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 am

Yup.....only that special ADMIN can see them.....I wonder if ADMIN is the cylon God???
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Quartermaster wrote:Yup.....only that special ADMIN can see them.....I wonder if ADMIN is the cylon God???

I shall pray to the holiest of all prophets, St. Gaius Baltar. May he intercede on our behalf and bring us the truth to this question.
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:55 pm

AHEM. Your prayers have been answered! I've resolved the link issue. And you can post images if you host them somewhere and put the URL in IMG brackets. [] <-- those things.

I don't know about loading an attachment for a picture. I haven't tried it yet.
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum