Galactica Actual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music - It's in the frakkin ship!

4 posters

Go down

Music - It's in the frakkin ship! Empty Music - It's in the frakkin ship!

Post by Quartermaster Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 am

So what kind of music do you all like? I like a wide range of things from classic rock to broadway tunes. My music preferences tend to change with my mood so it's always a little different. I also find new music from good tv shows that I otherwise probably would have never heard so that's fun.

Some current favorites:

In My Veins - Andrew Belle

Rise - The Frames

Basically all song by Imagine Dragons, but On Top of the World is particularly catchy!
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Music - It's in the frakkin ship! Empty Re: Music - It's in the frakkin ship!

Post by Indy Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm game for pretty much any musical style. People have flipped through my CD case and have been in for a shock when they see Arch Enemy right next to Hootie and the Blowfish (which, by the way, "Cracked Rear View" is a perfect road trip CD). If I had to take a whack at it and pick a current "Top 3", I'd have to go with Metric, Silversun Pickups, and Rodrigo y Gabriela. There's always a place in the mix for guys like Metallica, Tool, Soundgarden, Incubus, No Doubt, etc.

If I had to recommend a few individual songs that are currently playing over and over in my brain (not including All Along The Watchtower), I'd go with:

Soundgarden - Live to Rise

Metric - Breathing Underwater

State Radio - Man in the Hall

Keep in mind, this changes probably three or four times a week.
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks for the recs! I knew the Soundgarden song (awesome) but I'd never heard the other two! Metric is awesome!
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:03 pm

I'm pretty open when it comes to what music I'll listen to/like. Right now I'm pretty content to just throw the Pop-Hits channel on my TV while the laptop is in use.

Now, if I'm writing, certain music is required and it must match the tone of what I'm writing. So that's usually a lot of Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Seether, 10 Years, etc. I think Breaking Benjamin is probably my favorite and of all time. They do a lot of stuff that is really excellent, not just the rock style stuff you hear on the radio.

I like everything from ELO, Sarah McLaughlin, The Eagles, Weird Al, Tom Lehrer, Toby Keith... this list goes on in an ever more increasing eclectic fashion.

The only things I really can't take is the super scream-y rock music and rap. Pretty open to everything else.
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Hahaha Music Channel Pop Hits FTW.....especially when I'm cleaning or doing laundry or making dinner!
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 am

Quartermaster wrote:Hahaha Music Channel Pop Hits FTW.....especially when I'm cleaning or doing laundry or making dinner!

Yes, this! Or my Pandora channel. Makes dinner and/or laundry that much better because there is dancing involved.
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

KaraFrakkingThrace wrote:

Now, if I'm writing, certain music is required and it must match the tone of what I'm writing. So that's usually a lot of Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Seether, 10 Years, etc. I think Breaking Benjamin is probably my favorite and of all time. They do a lot of stuff that is really excellent, not just the rock style stuff you hear on the radio.

If you are looking for some more epic writing music, check out Two Steps from Hell. Here are a few sample songs:

youtube . com/watch?v=pKv_wua6kFE

youtube . com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

youtube . com/watch?v=6O6Q1OiF6LI

youtube . com/watch?v=o2LodCjpzEY

If you want a bit more variety than just these, you can make a Pandora station based on Two Steps from Hell and enjoy a ton of awesome music.
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:28 pm

KaraFrakkingThrace wrote:
Quartermaster wrote:Hahaha Music Channel Pop Hits FTW.....especially when I'm cleaning or doing laundry or making dinner!

Yes, this! Or my Pandora channel. Makes dinner and/or laundry that much better because there is dancing involved.

Yes....always dancing involved!

Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:03 am

Airborne wrote:If you are looking for some more epic writing music, check out Two Steps from Hell.

The Extended Choir Mix of "Undying Love" has inspired some pretty amazing scenes. Strangely enough, never any romantic ones...

Amazing music, though, and so glad someone else knows of it!
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:15 am

I'm glad someone else has heard of them as well! They are great and the music is epic.

All this talk of amazing music makes me want to listen to some SWEET SWEET SAXOPHONE ACTION:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Quartermaster Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Airborne wrote:

If you are looking for some more epic writing music, check out Two Steps from Hell. Here are a few sample songs:

youtube . com/watch?v=pKv_wua6kFE

youtube . com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

youtube . com/watch?v=6O6Q1OiF6LI

youtube . com/watch?v=o2LodCjpzEY

If you want a bit more variety than just these, you can make a Pandora station based on Two Steps from Hell and enjoy a ton of awesome music.

EPIC! And awesome! I think I've heard some of it before but didn't know it was Two Steps from Hell.....just found a youtube video that is 10 hours of Two Steps from Hell bounce Back later!
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:29 am

Airborne wrote:I'm glad someone else has heard of them as well! They are great and the music is epic.

All this talk of amazing music makes me want to listen to some SWEET SWEET SAXOPHONE ACTION:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

I saw Sexy Sax Guy on one of the escalators in the Marriott! Aaand Careless Whisper is now stuck in my head.

Music - It's in the frakkin ship! Screen-shot-2010-01-31-at-11.47.04-AM-e1264957975704
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down