Galactica Actual
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blog Because You Can

3 posters

Go down

Blog Because You Can Empty Blog Because You Can

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am

This thread is for you, Kyle. You agreed to give blogging a shot, and I'm here to make sure you follow through on your end of the deal. Wink

So, need help brainstorming a blog name? We'll do it here! Do you want to have a theme? We'll figure one out if you do. Your texts frequently have me giggling so I know you have the tools to write some genuinely hilarious content.

Let's get on this, young man! Make Dave Barry proud!
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Blog Because You Can Empty Re: Blog Because You Can

Post by Airborne Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:57 pm

I took the liberty of thinking of a few names for your blog, Kyle. If you like, feel free to use any of them:

1: Kyle's Blog - This is my personal favorite. It is short and to the point.

2: Kyle's Blog about stuff - A little longer, but adds a nice flair

3: Don't Leave Me Behind: The True Story of a Man and a Panel - You could write articles about what happened, why you think it went the way it did, etc. I'd read it.

If you don't like either of these, here's a picture of a dude wearing a Skyrim helmet made out of bacon:

Blog Because You Can F36GG
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Airborne wrote:3: Don't Leave Me Behind: The True Story of a Man and a Panel - You could write articles about what happened, why you think it went the way it did, etc. I'd read it.

I support this suggestion. On the grounds it already made me giggle like a madwoman.
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Madwoman giggles = MADWIGGLES
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:43 pm

http://azuritekyle.tumblr.com/

I KNEW I had one lying around somewhere. Just started working with it this past weekend. It's still in its infancy, though.

Peter: If I use any of your suggestions, are you agreeing to sign your creative license over to me, or are you expecting royalties from this venture? I think simply getting a glimpse into my mind would be payment enough. Ha!

In other words: I can't pay you.

So far, it's just random stuff that has happened during the day. That sounds like a good idea for a first "true" blog. I might just do that!
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KaraFrakkingThrace Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:46 pm

I think you need a theme, like, "Big Fish in a Little Fishbowl: Small Town Living"

Or, "Living in Small Town Pennsylvania: At Least It's Not Florida." - Dave Barry would probably approve of this one.

Or, "When you're forced to wear Flare, this is what happens."

And so on and so on. Having a blog theme will probably make it easier to write content because all your ideas will be focused through that lens and you can observe the world accordingly.

I once started a blog dedicated entirely to satire. It worked for a while until it descended into full blown ranting. Bad idea.
KaraFrakkingThrace
KaraFrakkingThrace
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Indy Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:25 am

I love those titles! I could easily use it as a cultural commentary. Working with the public gives me resources daily. Problem is, it hinders me from my two main goals right now: Getting the frak out of retail, and getting the frak out of this area. The latter's easier to deal with. There are crazies everywhere. We'll see. I'll go with what comes my way, I suppose.

My original intent was going to be Kyle's Retirement Plan: How to (Not) Make Money Being Funny. But every time I think of that, I get a little sad. Maybe I'll still go with it. I'll stick with it for now. If nothing else, it'll be a placeholder.

In any case, it beats "Untitled". It's not the fifth track on a 90s post-grunge album, beb. I don't want to get off on a rant here, but I'm don't have a flannel shirt wrapped around my waist that matches my forest green Airwalks and is covering up the rips in my jean shorts.

Blog Because You Can 1_400x300

Beb. BEB. Beb.

I'm gonna keep dumping what comes to mind on there for a bit. Get my narrative voice back and try to craft my rambles into a more coherent structure. Turn the hand-grenade into a sniper rifle, so to speak.

Less Lewis Black, more Dave Barry, yes? Rants can sometimes be amusing, but the term itself implies there won't be much cohesiveness to the subject matter. Indignation has its place, but you have to make sure you remember the humor in any absurd situation, and not let it get the best of you.

Peter: I tried to come up with a reference tying in Skyrim with bacon; but then I took an arrow in the knee. Also, I blame the popcorn for the entire sequence of events leading me to be the Helo of the group. My right leg aches when I think about that panel.

And on the flair thing? I refuse to wear it. I'm a rebel.

Blog Because You Can BRTky

You damn right, Neil. You daaaaaamn right.
Indy
Indy
Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Airborne Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:21 am

Indy wrote:

Peter: I tried to come up with a reference tying in Skyrim with bacon; but then I took an arrow in the knee. Also, I blame the popcorn for the entire sequence of events leading me to be the Helo of the group. My right leg aches when I think about that panel.

I LOL'ed a little too hard at this Laughing
Airborne
Airborne
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum